The XTK-2000DBS are compact Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs) designed for fixed and mobile uplink applications. Xicom KPAs are ½ the height of conventional KPAs. Reduced height is complimented by reduced weight. Shipping is greatly simplified as the RF deck, klystron tube, and power supply are shipped individually and weigh 100 pounds each.
The units can be fully operated locally via the front panel, or remotely via an RS-232 or RS-422/485 serial interface connection. Additionally, users can bypass microprocessor control and operate the unit via the analog controls incorporated into the unit. This design feature allows users complete flexibility in controlling the amplifier.
Additional features are:
(1) power supply redundancy – within each KPA are three redundant 5 KW power supplies. Any two of these power supplies can fully operate the KPA, thereby enhancing operational reliability
(2) active airflow – automatic sensing and control of blow speed which is independent of
line voltage and frequency
(3) fully power factor corrected for CE compliance
(4) klystron tube removable through the front panel
(5) fast-tune option available
(6) power save mode for reduced prime power.
Data Sheet: Xicom XTK DBS-Band klystron Rev 3
For more information about these units, please contact us at email@example.com