The Ellipse 1000 encoder is ideal for fixed contribution over IP and legacy ATM/PDH/SDH networks. A professional, high quality encoder, it provides efficient bit-rate utilization for delivery of high quality video. The Ellipse 1000 simultaneously encodes video feeds as MPEG-2 SD 4:2:0/4:2:2 and MPEG-4 AVC SD 4:2:0, providing a smooth and cost-effective migration path from MPEG-2 CBR to MPEG-4 AVC CBR encoding schemes. It is firmware-upgradeable to MPEG-4 AVC HD as well, making it one of the most versatile encoders available and further extending its migration path. The field-proven, easy-to-use Ellipse 1000 can operate on a cost-efficient standalone basis with no need for external multiplexers or PSI generators.
• Multi-format video encoder – Versatile design offers firmware migration path across video codecs and formats, providing operational flexibility, business continuity and reduced CAPEX.
• Low CAPEX – The Ellipse 1000H provides optional support for MPEG-4 AVC HD through a firmware upgrade, eliminating the need to purchase an additional encoder when migrating to MPEG-4 AVC HD encoding.
• Integrated multiplexing – A single “master” Ellipse 1000 encoder can aggregate up to 50 Mbps of content from “Slave” encoders into a single MPTS output, eliminating the need for external multiplexers.
• Flexible feeds to diverse networks – Content can be fed to multiple networks simultaneously by utilizing built-in dual GbE IP and DVB-ASI outputs. G.703/DS-3 outputs are available as a hardware option, and enable simultaneous output of content in all three formats.
• Stand-alone encoder requires no external devices – The Ellipse 1000 does not need an external PSI generator or multiplexer. Box count and rack space are reduced.
• Remote management – The Ellipse 1000 can be managed from remote locations using intuitive web-based management. It also supports SNMP for integration with the user’s choice of external NMS application. • Content protection – Prevent signal interception with industry standard BISS (Basic Interoperability Scrambling System) scrambling.
Data Sheets: Harmonics.Ellipse_1K2K_2_13_UG
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org